Top Causes of Back Pain in the Workplace
As you know, some jobs are more dangerous than others. This is particularly true when it comes to the potential of suffering a back injury. Here are some of the top causes of back pain in the workplace:
· Heavy and constant lifting
· Repetitive tasks, such as lifting, pushing, or pulling
· Sitting in the same position, day after day, for an extended period of time
· Driving long distances, such as if you are a commercial truck driver
· Operating heavy equipment
· Bending, stopping, or crouching regularly
· Pushing your body past its limits
· Reaching, twisting, or stretching
While these are not the only causes of back pain in the workplace, they are among the most common.
If you suffer an on the job injury, such as one to your back or neck, you shouldn’t hesitate to seek medical attention. You could be dealing with an injury that will only get worse if not treated in the appropriate manner.
You’ll never know what’s going on until you consult with a professional, so there’s no time to waste. Your back and neck health is too important to your overall level of health and well-being.