There are Many Types of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
The primary benefit of minimally invasive spine surgery is the ability to correct a variety of conditions, including but not necessarily limited to:
· Repair of a herniated disk
· Spinal fusion
· Deformity correction
· Repair of compression fractures
If minimally invasive spine surgery is on your radar it’s imperative to learn more about the procedure itself. For example, familiarity with the benefits will go a long way in putting your mind at ease. Here are some things to consider:
· A smaller scar
· Shorter hospital stay (possibly with same day or next day discharge)
· Reduced pain and discomfort after the procedure
· Shorter recovery time, with many people returning to daily activity within weeks (not months)
· Reduced risk of infection
With so many benefits, you’ll find it easier to get on board with the idea of minimally invasive spine surgery. After all, there’s nothing better than knowing you can solve your problem, all without a great risk of complications and a long recovery period.
If you have a condition that can be treated with minimally invasive spine surgery, don’t wait to contact us. We’re more than happy to schedule an appointment so we can help you better understand your options.