The Type of Help You May Need After Back Surgery
While your medical team will care for you in the hospital, once you head home you must make sure you have a support system in place. This is much better than attempting to make a full recovery on your own.
Here are five types of help you may require after back surgery:
· Driving assistance, as you may not be able to sit upright in one position for too long
· Assistance walking, especially in the first couple of days after the surgery
· Assistance getting around your home, as your medical team will not want you to spend too much time in bed
· Assistance with preparing food
· Help getting into and out of the shower
The nice thing about minimally invasive back surgery is that the recovery period is not nearly as long as it is with a traditional procedure. Even so, you shouldn’t expect to be back to full speed within 24 hours.
With the right support team by your side, you’ll have all the assistance you require after your surgery. This goes a long way in helping you make a fast and full recovery.
If you have any questions about minimally invasive back surgery – including whether it’s best for you – contact us today to schedule an appointment.