The Many Advantages of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Fortunately, you have another option: minimally invasive spine surgery. This isn’t the right solution for every patient, but it’s something you should absolutely learn more about.
Here are some of the many advantages of minimally invasive spine surgery, as compared to a more traditional approach:
· Faster recovery time, allowing you to quickly return to your normal life
· Less time in the hospital, with an average of approximately two days
· Smaller incision, less scarring, and less blood loss
· Smaller chance of damage to surrounding muscle and tissue
· Less pain after the surgery, which helps aid the recovery process
· Reduced risk of infection
Along with all the above, some people even find that they can have minimally invasive spine surgery in an outpatient center. With this, you may be surprised to find that you can return home within several hours of your surgery.
If nothing else, a focus on the benefits of minimally invasive spine surgery will put you in better position as you decide how to best move forward.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re more than happy to evaluate your spine health, provide professional guidance, and help you get back on your feet once and for all.