Questions to Ask Yourself After a Back Injury
Should you suffer a back injury, the first thing you’ll think about is the pain and discomfort. And naturally, your thoughts will quickly drift toward the treatment steps you can take to get relief.
Here are some questions you should ask yourself after a back injury. They’ll position you to receive the right treatment, which improves the likelihood of making a fast and full recovery.
• What caused your back injury?
• Have you ever suffered this type of injury before?
• Do you believe it’s a new injury or that you aggravated an old problem?
• Can you treat the injury at home or do you require medical assistance?
• What steps can you immediately take to reduce the risk of causing additional injury?
Maybe you know the answers to some or all of these questions. Or perhaps you’re unsure of exactly what is going on and have serious concerns about your long-term health.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry about your health, so ask yourself these questions and then seek the appropriate type of medical care. This will put you on the path to understanding your injury, treatment options, and long-term prognosis.
Virginia Spine Specialists is an award-winning, minimally invasive spinal care practice with locations in Fredericksburg, VA and Manassas, VA. We also serve these Northern and Central Virginia locations: Haymarket, Gainesville, Culpepper, Front Royal, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Colonial Beach, Tappahannock and Lake Anna.