Protect Your Lower Back with These Tips
Fortunately, there are many simple tips you can follow to protect your lower back. Here are some of the many things you should consider doing:
· Strengthen your core. By exercising your core muscles, you’re able to provide more support for your lower back. Subsequently, there is less risk of injury.
· Focus on your posture. Poor posture can place unnecessary pressure on your back, thus leading to disc pain among a variety of other problems. It can take some time to correct your posture, but you’ll be glad that you did.
· Lift carefully. If you’re lifting anything heavy – at work, at home, or at the gym – you need to do so in the appropriate manner. Proper technique is an absolute must if you want to protect your lower back.
· Stretch, stretch, and stretch some more. For example, stretching your hamstrings in the morning and evening hours can decrease pressure on your pelvis and help prevent low back pain.
· Think carefully when traveling. It doesn’t matter if you’re traveling by car or plane, don’t do anything that will put strain on your lower back for an extended period of time (if at all).
At first, you may believe it’s impossible to implement these tips in your day-to-day life. Over time, however, you’ll come to realize that you can easily make changes that improve your health by protecting your lower back.