7 Questions to Ask About Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
If you have any interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, it’s important to learn more about the procedure and what it entails.
It may not be exactly what you think, but there are reasons to believe that it could be just what you need in order to correct your problem once and for all.
Before you do anything, however, you need to meet with your medical team to ensure that you’re on the same page. When doing so, here are seven questions about minimally invasive surgery that you absolutely need to ask:
· When does this type of procedure make the most sense (as compared to a more traditional approach)?
· What are the benefits of minimally invasive surgery?
· Are there any potential drawbacks of minimally invasive surgery?
· How long is the recovery period?
· Will I need to stay in the hospital after my surgery?
· How much pain will I be in after the surgery is complete?
· What is your success rate with minimally invasive surgery for my type of issue?
These are not the only questions to ask in relation to minimally invasive surgery, but they are definitely among the most important. Once you have the answers you need, you’ll better understand what to expect if you move forward.
If you require knowledgeable answers to all these questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to explain the ins and outs of minimally invasive surgery, ensuring that you get the right treatment at the right time.