Maintain Good Posture With These 5 Tips
As the years go by, it’s easy to fall into bad habits in regards to your posture. Fortunately, by making a conscious effort, you can reverse this trend and begin feeling better as a result.
Many people maintain good posture while sitting, but forget that it’s just as important to do so while standing.
Here are five tips for maintaining good posture while standing:
· Keep the majority of your weight on the balls of your feet
· Bend slightly at your knees
· Keep your feet at shoulder width
· Pull your shoulders back, tuck your stomach, and stand straight
· Let your arms hang, as opposed to folding them (or doing something else)
It really is that simple. These tips may not come natural, especially if you’ve fallen into bad habits, but you can change over time.
As your posture improves, you’ll come to realize that it’s having a positive impact on your back and neck. Who knows, this may be just what you need in order to eliminate some of the pain and discomfort you’ve been facing.
What are your thoughts on your posture? Does it need to improve?