Are You Familiar With These Common Causes of a Back Injury?
It’s important to understand the most common causes of a back injury, as this may be able to help you avoid trouble in your life.
Here are five things that could result in an injury:
· Motor vehicle accident. Any type of motor vehicle accident can result in a back injury, even if your vehicle was not moving at a high rate of speed. For example, if another vehicle strikes yours from behind, a back or neck injury could be the end result.
· Heavy lifting. Even though you know that heavy lifting can result in an injury, you still take on this task. You shouldn’t get into the habit of lifting more than you are comfortable with.
· Poor posture. As the days turn to weeks and the weeks turn to months, your poor posture can begin to take its toll on your back and neck.
· Slip and fall. You can’t watch where you’re walking all the time, which increases the chance of a slip and fall accident. If you fall to the ground it’s possible you could injure your back (among other body parts).
· Sports. This is particularly true of those in which there is a lot of physical contact, such as football.
If you’ve suffered a back injury, don’t hesitate to seek medical treatment. You need to understand exactly what’s going on, as this will allow you to make the right decisions in regards to your health and well being.